Sunday, August 30, 2009

My eating philosophy



My eating philosophy now stems from a lot of things.  I believe everything is good in moderation.  I eat chocolate every day, and I have ice cream most days of the week.  I eat it in moderate, healthy portions.  You would never find me eating an entire carton of ice cream.. because i'd rather have a special treat now and then.  My daily "healthy" meals are based on a lot of things.  My nutritionist had me counting carb "choices".  I know it was necessary, but I hated it.  Most meals I shoot for 2 carbs, 2 proteins, 1 fruit, 1 veg, 1 dairy.  It varies with most meals (i feel weird eating veggies with breakfast! unless its an omelette!).

I also really like intuitive eating.  It is a eating style that you eat when you are hungry, and stop when you are full. Sound easy?! Well it is after awhile, I am still struggling with it.  Basically you don't have "set" times to eat, or 3 meals 2 snacks.  There is no counting and no measuring. You eat when your body PHYSIOLOGICALLY wants food not because of stress or boredom.  You can find different hunger scales here.


Happy eating :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment